Monday, July 19, 2010

Response!

Some folks from one of the theatre companies in town came and saw the show the other night. Here are their responses:

Dear Amarante and Company,
Thank you so very much for inviting us to see "Evita" we were all highly impressed with the show and enjoyed every minute of it.
My sincere congratulations to the Director, orchestra and entire company. I thought the show was an amazing, professional, highly entertaining evening. Wonderful singing and acting, excellent dancing, lovely costumes, totally in period, and a minimal, very effective touring set. It was extremely hard to believe this was not a professional company and I can just imagine how much work and planning must have taken place to bring "Evita" to Costa Rica.
I do hope you all enjoy the rest of your time in the country and positive, enthusiastic word of mouth will help build your audience.
Once again, many thanks and we look forward to you paying a return visit sometime in the near future.
Hasta la vista!
Best regards,
Ann.

Last night was an incredible experience for all of us who attended the production of "Evita". The quality of the performance gave me, personally fond memories of school productions. However, none in my memory that excelled this. To the cast of brilliant new stars I extend a hand of applause and to the guidance given them by all...I can only say thank you for you have brought these young actors and actresses to a place that can only bring more happiness to their lives and future. To the musicians, technicians and wardrobe.....well, well, done. Isn't it great to be surrounded by great teachers and directors. Success in your careers. We will be looking out to see some of these names in lights!!

Once again, thank you

Andrew Gardener
President, Little Theatre Group of Costa Rica

Dear Amarante,

I was enormously surprised and entertained by your troupe of talented kids. You have, I am sure, your hands full, but I want to tell you that I am working on a brief review note to send to the Tico Times for publication Friday, if they will accept it. I want to congratulate you and the directors and designers on the faith that you have clearly placed on those young performers, and that is reflected in the maturity of their interpretations. They are very professional and I hope they go on to many more triumphs. They deserve a larger audience, that is for sure. We are lucky in CR for their visit. Thank you sincerely for your special invitation to our group. It was inspiring for us and we loved the chance to talk to them.

My husband is from New Mexico so I am familiar with the historical perspective on Spanish language learning and stigmas. Therefore I also congratulate the group on giving biculturalism a boost as it clearly enriches our lives to speak more than one language.

Thanks again, Pilar Saavedra-Vela
LTG Publicity

No comments:

Post a Comment